What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud Computing, in simple words, is accessing and storing data over the Internet instead of doing it on your personal hard drive. It offers services like storage, database, networking, and more over the Internet to provide faster, innovative, and flexible resources to its customers. The customers get to pay only for the resources they use, hence helping them lower their operating costs and run their business infrastructure more efficiently.
What is Google Cloud Platform?
Google Cloud Platform or GCP is a suite of public cloud computing services offered by Google. GCP is a provider of computing resources for developing, deploying, and operating applications on the Web. The platform includes a range of hosted services for compute, storage and application development that run on Google hardware. Google Cloud Platform services can be accessed by software developers, cloud administrators and other enterprise IT professionals over the public internet or through a dedicated network connection.
The Google Cloud Platform (GCP) delivers over 90 information technology services (aka products), which businesses, IT professionals, and developers can leverage to work more efficiently, gain more flexibility, and/or enable a strategic advantage.
What are Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Services?
Google offers a wide range of Services. Following are the major Google Cloud Services:
• Storage and Databases
• Big Data
• Machine Learning
• Identity & Security
• Management and Developer Tools
How does the Google Cloud Platform work?
Cloud computing allows hardware and software products to co-exist remotely in data centers and at-scale. Together these products work to deliver specific services. Users typically can access, manage, and use the tools they require via a web-interface – and that’s true for Google Cloud Platform services as well.
In addition to service accessibility, users also gain flexibility and choice when working with Google Cloud Platform. Once they have identified the Google Cloud Platform services that would benefit them, users simply create a “project” via the intuitive, web-based GCP Console. Better still, project owners can manage which team members or admins have access to which services.
Benefits Google Cloud has to offer
• Best Pricing: Google Cloud hosting plans are cheaper than other platforms’ hosting plans. Google Cloud offers to its customers the pay-as-you-go feature where the users only have to pay for the resources they use.
• Work from Anywhere: Employees gain complete access to information across devices from anywhere in the world through web-based applications powered by Google.
• Private Network: Google provides its own network to every customer so that they have more control and scalability over the network. It uses fiber-optic cables to spread its network, as they tend to bear any amount of traffic. Users get maximum time and efficiency due to this private network.
• Security: Google has hired a large set of security professionals who help in protecting the data on servers. All data on the Cloud platform is encrypted. So, users can be sure of their data being safe and secure.
• Redundant Backup: Google has its own in-built redundant backups. So, if the data stored by the user is lost, then Google would have created a backup for it. So, your data is technically not lost! Redundancy helps ensure data integrity, reliability, and durability.
Google cloud has had a tremendous impact, especially in the world of web and mobile app development, where small or large enterprises can get access to Google technology. It has made things easy and more accessible to app developers. However, its dependence on connectivity with the internet may hinder its progress in the future.
Adopting the Google cloud services can help your business use some exclusive services such as Live migration in the Google cloud, which are not available in Azure or AWS. It even gives you access to a large team of security experts protecting your data. Small and medium businesses (SMBs) have a lot to gain from migration including improved flexibility and scalability to match IT resources to demand.
So talk to Realxposure’s Experts today to define your cloud strategy, build solutions, and manage your infrastructure.