What is Shopify?
Shopify is one of the e-commerce platforms that allows you to create online shopping websites that integrate with social networking, post products, shopping cart and payment features, order processing, all integrated with Shopify.
Shopify may be described as a web application that allows anyone to set up an online store and sell their products. It provides you with a wide range of ‘themes’ that can be customized to meet your own branding requirements, and allows you to sell either physical or digital products. Simply put, Shopify makes it easy for you to sell goods online. You can go to the website and build your ECommerce Store, and Shopify will host it for you.
How Shopify Works?
Shopify is a complete e-commerce platform that allows you to start your online business, grow and manage it.
All you have to do is:
- Create and customize your online store
By signing up on the website of Shopify with a simple process, you will have a 14 days free trial to test before deciding the genuine purchase. Shopify offers you a comprehensive e-commerce web builder completed with hundreds of templates ready to apply to your site in just a few clicks. Shop owners can customize all Shopify with text, logo, images, and video to compliment your brand’s look.
- Manage your product, inventory, shipping as well as payments
You can configure in the admin interface to add products, change the product images, update price, inventory stock, and test your website before launching to ensure that both desktop and mobile are ready for public view.
Shopify works with more than 70 payment gateways and checkouts in more than 50 languages, which makes it easy to sell products anywhere in the world. Shopify is a cloud-based and hosted platform. It means that you do not have to care about maintaining the upgrading of the software or the servers.
What to sell on Shopify?
Below you’ll find the different products or services that you can sell on Shopify. Even if you know what you’re selling already, it may give you some ideas for other services you could sell to grow your business.
- Physical products: A physical product could be something you make by hand, something you have manufactured, or something you dropship to customers. Examples include jewellery, bath bombs, t-shirts, gift boxes to name a few.
- Digital products: This could include eBooks, email templates, audio downloads, e-courses, or clothing patterns.
- Services and consultations: Whether you’re an interior designer, dentist or a life coach, your customers can book online and sell online or in-person consultations.
- Memberships: If you want to sell subscription boxes or if you’re a yoga studio owner you can use Shopify to sell your memberships and create member-only access to your content on your website.
- Ticketed experiences: Experience-based businesses can range from travel and adventure to wine tastings and hands-on workshops. If you’re an artist or running a networking event, you can use Shopify to sell those tickets.
- Classes and lessons: Customers can purchase, rent, and book lessons from you all through the online store.
- Rental Services: Rental businesses are technically service-based, even though a physical product is involved. So if you’d like to rent dresses or props, for example, you can use the Shopify platform.
The sky is truly the limit with what you can sell on Shopify. So now that you’ve learned about what Shopify is and how it works, it’s time to get all set to start selling.
If you choose Shopify to be your eCommerce platform, we at Realxposure can help you set up a centralized retail system right on it. With our expert Shopify eCommerce team, you can improve what’s working, fix what isn’t and test new ideas.
Leave A Comment