ServiceNow is a US-based cloud computing company that focuses on providing technical management support to IT companies. As its name represents, ServiceNow offers many problem-solving services for different organizations and is a software-as-a-service provider in the IT sector.
ServiceNow Ticketing Tool has a huge demand these days, especially in the IT sector. The reason is it helps to manage the workflow smoothly and efficiently, which otherwise is difficult considering the various barriers in the work area each day.
What is ServiceNow Ticketing Tool?
Solving an issue can cost you loads of time, effort, and money in the IT sector. To prevent all of them, ServiceNow has introduced its Ticketing Tool. Resolving issues in IT is not a piece of cake and can cause a disturbance in everyday IT processes. ServiceNow Ticketing Tool works in a well-organized stepwise process to resolve users’ issues.
Each and every well-organized IT process works in a stage-wise manner and ServiceNow is not different from any of them. The ServiceNow Ticketing Tool works in a 3-step process, in which, firstly an issue is reported, then its managed in the best possible way. In the final step, it gets resolved with the expertise of highly skilled professionals and advanced computing systems. This is the complete working structure of this ticketing tool.
How Does ServiceNow Ticketing Tool Work?
The working of the ServiceNow Ticketing Tool is represented in different phases. The process is purely organized delivering the best user experience along with quick responses and resolutions. We will go through each phase which would give you a better understanding and analysis of the tool as well.
• Step 1: Reporting the Issue
Reporting an issue is the first step in the ServiceNow ticketing tool process. In this stage, an issue is reported and there are 4 ways to do so,
- Call service desk
- Use chat feature
- Report via email
- Create incident via service portal or catalogue
• Step Two: Managing the Issue
This is the second stage, which further involves three steps that are as follows:
- Assessment: In this first step, the importance and seriousness of an issue is determined based on which, the tool sets the priority level automatically.
- Assignment: Here, the reported issue is notified to the professionals and specialists through email, who from here, look into the issue.
- Handling: Lastly, the support team takes necessary actions to resolve the issue and bring back the regular workflow again.
• Step 3: Resolving an issue
In the last step, the skilled specialists have to fill up a form with all the necessary information. These details include points like the nature of issue, who fixed it, when it is resolved and the status of the resolution.
Types of Tickets ServiceNow Can Handle
You must be able to distinguish between the various kinds of problems. Thus, occur in order for you to fix your problems promptly. That’s why ServiceNow classifies problems using the following.
• Incident Management: Incident management is an unplanned interruption to an IT service or reduction in the quality of an IT service.
• Problem Management: Problem management focuses on finding the root cause of an issue. This is usually sent to a team for severe malfunctions to resolve with a long-term fix.
• Request Management: Request management is usually implemented for smaller requests when users/employees need support from IT.
• Change Management: Change management is categorized for drastic changes made to your IT environment, like integrations or replacing a legacy system.
Why Choose ServiceNow for Ticketing System?
ServiceNow has been solving many business problems since 2003 and is repeatedly listed as one of the fastest growing software companies in the world. ServiceNow streamlines services by defining, structuring and automating workflows to remove email and spreadsheets from the process.
One of the most beneficial aspects of ServiceNow is the relatively low amount of configuration needed to get the platform up and running in an enterprise. ServiceNow also expands the benefits of ITSM to almost every sector of your business including human resources, accounting, legal, marketing, customer service and more. By increasing the availability and visibility of devices and services, you can automate repetitive tasks so your team can spend more time investing in your core business, rather than spending time with small issues.
In Realxposure’s opinion, the main judging points to see whether ServiceNow ticketing is something you need are: your company’s size, the complexity of your current (or planned) IT processes, the preferred ticketing process, your budget and your plans for future enterprise-wide process optimization.
If your answers fit ServiceNow’s characteristics and requirements and you choose it as your ticketing tool, you will achieve substantial savings by optimizing your IT unit’s daily routine.
Leave A Comment